CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, April 17, 2009

What a Difference a Day Makes...or a Night?

April 17, 2009--I want to thank everyone for your prayers in Joe's behalf. They were most certainly heard and answered because he got to come home from the hospital this afternoon. I still can't believe it since he was throwing up all through the night and had a nose bleed that scared the nurse and me. In less than 10 seconds after she had walked out of the room this morning, he and his bed were covered with blood. We were both amazed. These 2 problems alone would have kept him in the hospital but Michelle came and told the Dr. that she could handle the throwing up if that was all that was keeping him in the hospital. She has the doctors' trust and they know she is skilled at handling Joe's needs so I guess they decided he could go home.

Also, part of the miracle is how he improved from 5 a.m. until noon. I think part of it came as a result of his spirit being perked up by his love for music. Jeff got me an i pod for an early Mother's Day present because I had expressed over and over that I wanted a way to have music with me whenever I was with Joe. He loves to listen to and dance with music. I had an attachment for my i pod that is an external speaker for the i pod. I turned the music on to my Disney songs (156 of them) and laid it by Joe's pillow. Joe has wonderful hearing and rhythm and he began listening intently to every song. He first began smiling a lot. Then he started clapping to the music. Between each song he would calm, listen intently, and then...when the next song began he would laugh right out loud, clap his hands together and wiggle his legs up and down while his feet dragged across the bed. After several songs he started swinging his arms up and down and moving his legs in bicycle motions along the mattress. It was the same with every song. If there was a funny part in the song he would laugh right on cue. It was the funnest, most joyful thing to see this dear little boy being made happy by something so wonderful as music. I wish we were all so simple in our needs and in our enjoyment. I wish everyone could see what I have seen today. I know I am in such a hurry all of the time. I want to be efficient and get the most out of my day and I fail to see that simple is better--no, the very best and I love Joe for he has helped me to begin to see this.

Again, thank you for your prayers. Joe and his family are really doing pretty good and I am thankful for your love. Have a wonderful weekend. I think I am going to go and listen to my i pod and review my experience with Joe in my mind. I don't want to ever forget!!!

1 comment:

walkerbunch said...

I'm so glad that Joe was able to come home. We were so worried about him. Thanks for sharing your thoughts about Joe and the simple things. -I think I'll go listen to some music now. :) Love ya!