CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

A Phone Call at 6:00 a.m.

I couldn't believe it when I received a phone call at 6:00 this morning. Caller ID said Washington, D.C. Who could be calling me from DC I wondered? The man on the other end asked me if I was the Lori Bennett that had been on the CIA website the day before yesterday. I was about to say, "no" even though I really had been. I asked myself, "Why would he want to know?" Thankfully my mother's teachings held true that honesty is the best policy so I didn't have to think too long about my answer, "Yes????" Now, here I must explain that I had found the site in one of those composition books on the front inside cover. I had searched "satellite," "United States," and "Uruguay" on the CIA site. I guess that was what got me in trouble. It was just a coincidence that I checked these 3 words ("satellite" was an example on the search list). I checked Uruguay because my brother went on a mission there and its name came to me. But apparently there is a major controversy going on between the U.S and Uruguay and Satellite useage. Uruguay (we think) is this quiet little country that just has conflict within its borders, but if I understand correctly, there is more going on. At any rate, the man asked me for all of this really pertinent information and I refused to give it to him because you never give information over the phone. He said quite crossly, "Lori, we will be in touch." Can I just say, my stomach barrometer is really stepped up a notch!!! Stay tuned for details. I must say, I feel really sick!!!

3 comments:

7packofbearss said...

I am sorry you are worried about the CIA coming to get you. It is kind of funny though. Once they meet you I am sure they will realize they have nothing to worry about...

Or at least after they run your background check and interrogate you under a bright light.

:) Just kidding!

Dave and Ashley Blackhurst said...

Ahhh! How frightening! I can't believe you randomly chose to search the 3 perfect words that would cause a CIA agent to be questioning you! Is there something you're not telling us?

the weisenburger life said...

What a bad way to start the day. It is funny in a wierd way and since it's not me :o) After Nicole's comment I've been laughing out loud. I needed a laugh today. Been cross. Thanks Nicole!

At least Jack Bauer from 24 didn't come knocking at your door. Now that would be scary!