CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

On the road again...

I surely did have a wonderful day with my parents yesterday. We made it all the way to Hamilton, Montana. The roads were quiet and the scenery was invigorating. Every valley and vista testified that Spring is trying to dominate. Hurray!!! Today we will follow the Salmon River over to Kari's and Mom and Dad are excited to see it again. They claim the scenery will be better than yesterday's. I will be driving again. I think my Dad figures this is the last time he'll travel this way again and he wants to see everything that he can. I am happy that I can help make their trip a little more pleasureable. The wildlife we have seen so far are: turkey, mountain sheep or goats, elk, deer, geese, ducks, and moles. I hope to see a moose and bear since dad wants to go through Yellowstone on our way home. Yippee, skippy!!!! Well, I don't need to bore you with any more details, but I must say that time goes too quickly and my parents are aging quickly and I am thankful for this chance to be with them. Not everyone gets opportunies such as I, but if you dear readers can, spend as much time with your loved ones as possible for you never know when they may be called home.

2 comments:

R Fitz said...

Glad to hear all is going well so far!!! I am holding down the fort here...though it has had a few battle wounds already since you left. I am glad you get to spend some quality time with grandpa and grandma...last night Zak and I were talking about how if you hadn't gone that I would have asked them if they wanted me to go and drive for them. What great hubbies we have to share us with grandma and grandpa! I love you and miss you already! Give grandpa and grandma my love and Kari and her family too...try and convert them to blogging!

walkerbunch said...

I'm glad you get to take a trip with Grandma and Grandpa. Say hello to everyone for me and enjoy.