CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, April 16, 2009

The phone really did ring early...

I awoke to the phone ringing and thinking it was morning. The phone had it's familiar ring of "When Irish Eyes are Smiling." I knew it was Michelle. I was not alarmed because I thought it was probably 6:00 a.m. and it was Joe's birthday.(Instead it was 11:53 p.m.-not quite Joe's birthday.) Michelle said, "Guess where Joe is?" I didn't know. She told me he was in the emergency room. "No! Not for his birthday." Joe really scarred us this time. He was hypothermic with a temp of 95 degrees. Michelle had a feeling to check him because he had thrown up earlier. She found him non-responsive and his hands blue. Joey called 911 and Joe had his first ambulance ride. Yeah! Of course, the American Fork hospital would not keep him because of their inexperience with his many conditions, so a team was sent from Primary Children's Hospital and he was taken there. He was stable when they took him there but I guess he now has a temperature so he'll be there for a few days. So far, no tests reveal anything.

I went to Michelle's so that she could go to Joe before he left for Primary's and to get Joey so that he could go to the hospital. The roads at 12:30 a.m. were terrible. The snow was blowing northerly and horizontally so it was almost like a white-out. There were cars that had slid off. Fortunately police were assisting or I might have felt the need to stop. About 1 1/2 hours after I got to Michelle's she went to the A.F. Hospital (after they had decided what they were going to do with Joe). Michelle returned about 4:30 a.m. and got a few hours of sleep before the baby woke for a feeding. Earlier in the morning I had to feed him his second bottle feeding of his life. Wow! Can Gus guzzle. He drank 2 (2 oz) bottles in less than a minute (I swear and no exaggeration). At least after that he slept until about 6:30 a.m.--so about 4 hours. Now, Michelle has Gus and up at the hospital and we have Sophie here. Tonight I will stay with Joe so that Joey and Michelle can get a good night's rest. I can hardly wait to see little Joe. We have some singing and dancing to do together--our favorite activity for sure. Instead of birthday party today, we'll have to have a "Coming Home Party" like Michelle suggested.

6 comments:

walkerbunch said...

I hope Joe is okay. I'll be home from work later this evening around 5. -If I can do anything to help, please let me know.

the weisenburger life said...

My thoughts and prayers are with your entire family! What a scare for a snow storm.

R Fitz said...

I'm glad you shared because I just haven't gotten to sit down since Sophie got here until just now. Good luck tonight Mom I love you!!! Give Joe kisses and a Happy Birthday wish from us.

Kim said...

Wow. Those guys have been through a lot. It is inspiring to see how your family pulls together to help each other. You're in our prayers.

Kylee Clark said...

Lori, ALL of your family is in my prayers. Please keep us posted on how Joe is doing.

7packofbearss said...

We will keep him in our prayers. Please let us know if we can help in any way.