CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Where does the time go?

Many years ago, today, I gave birth to my first child, Rachael. Little did I know the joy I was in for. Now, I am not saying that joy was all I experienced but I am saying that because of the opportunity of teaching, urging, exercising faith, trusting, exercising more faith, patience, etc., I now look at Rachael with joy in my heart because she is a loving and caring daughter, granddaughter, mother, wife, sister, aunt, and friend. She devotes "all" of her time to the building and lifting of others. In fact, she is not happy if she thinks anyone else is not happy. (And I believe this includes those she sees as "people that do not like her.") Rachael came as a "Ray of Sunshine" (her 1st Bishop dubbed her as this) and when the clouds cover her smile, all in her world are sad.

It seems like just yesterday I held her in my arms as I sat on our family room floor. I was brushing her downny-soft hair and talking to her. She was just barely a month old. She looked at me with her trusting, big blue eyes and I felt like she was trying to tell me something important. She smiled a great big smile and then, over the radio I heard that all worthy male members of the church could now hold the Priesthood. I said to Rachael, "Did you know that? You are alive on this special day!" Rachael smiled all the bigger and I held her close and knew that life would be special with her.

I don't know where all the time has gone since that special day. I do know that I would not trade it! I have learned much from Rachael and my 3 other very wonderful children. Almost, I can understand what love our Father in Heaven has for His children when I think about how much He must love me to send me here to this earthly school and to have allowed me to be the mother of such wonderful "individuals." I know that not everyone gets the opportunity to be a mother but I trust that there is a Divine Reason for this and that someday we will all understand that life is much more than just here on earth. My experience tells me that those who do not bear children on earth are usually more nurturing and caring than those of us who must learn through the bearing and rearing of children. I have the highest regard for those who have not bourne children but continue to bear the burdens of others. May you be blessed because you bless our lives.

2 comments:

R Fitz said...

Thank you Mom!!! I love you!

Carol and Rudy Benoit said...

Thank you for your comments on those of us who have not had the opportunity to bear children in this life. I always felt like I was not worthy or had done something wrong. It has given me a whole new perspective about my life. All through the years I have known you,you have taught me things I have needed to learn. Thank you for being my friend!!!!