CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, May 8, 2009

"A Glorious Day!"

I don't believe I shall ever get over the beauties of a Spring Day after a long, hard winter. I love every single miracle of Spring--from baby cows and sheep in the pastures, to extremely fragrant lilacs that sneak out of existence as the heat increases. I even like the feel of squinting my eyes because of the brightness from the sun. In spite of all that's wrong in the world, Springtime is a reminder that there is much right and good, too. I choose to dwell on this.

Today, Rachael and I went to Fountain Green to see my parents. My Dad is not feeling well at all. He has no energy to get out in the sunshine. He insists that all the blinds stay closed. He seems to be pretty smiley as one talks to him, but there is not the confidence that he used to convey. I keep asking myself what I can do for him. He is still of sound mind and with Mom's help they both do okay. When does the adult child step in and say to the adult parent, "I think it's time some changes are made."? Mom does well but her stroke took a toll on her confidence, too. I know that know one knows what she has been through with the stroke and then trying to take care of Dad. I would welcome any advice. Someday, I will look back at see all of these experiences as opportunities for learning and understanding.

I meant to stick with my title. In spite of my worries, it has been a glorious day. The fact that I can even see my parents (both of them) is a glorious miracle. The fact that they are independent is amazing. The fact that they live in very favorable circumstances at their ages is a blessing. Yes, in spite of challenges, it is a glorious day and I know there will be many more to come no matter what life hands out. Now, go outside and have a glorious evening!!!

1 comment:

DH Bennett said...

We had a glorious day today as well. With it being in the low 90's, it was a great day for swimming. love you.