CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Focus on the Ten Commandments

Would you agree with me as an adult, that the things we learned as children are remembered much better than those things that we try to remember now? I can remember phone numbers, mathematical equations, the Articles of Faith, people’s names, and dates from my childhood. But ask me to remember a phone number or a scripture I’ve tried to memorize in recent days that I’ve worked on for a week, and I would be hard pressed to do so.

For some reason I never had the occasion when I was young to commit to memory the Ten Commandments. I have tried to memorize them and their order in my adulthood but they do not stay with me. So, I am suggesting that families spend time learning (memorizing) the Ten Commandments. Bless your young children with the opportunity to really remember the Ten Commandments (And maybe even the 1st and great commandment and the 2nd that is like unto it) and then in a week or so play this game:

HOT BRICKS 
Played like Hot Potato except you pass around a toy brick (Lego or block) and the person that is holding it when the timer rings (or music is stopped) has to state one of the 10 commandments. If they can't give one, they are out.

No comments: