CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, March 20, 2009

Fun morning

The morning was wonderful except for one thing that I will tell now--before I tell the fun. Devan called and said he wanted me to know before I heard from someone else. Yesterday, at work, while training to hold prisoners in an arm lock, Devan moved his arm at a wrong angle and tore his rotter cuff. (sp?) At any rate, after many steps forward, this is a step backward and I can't help wondering what he and Heather are supposed to learn from this. I feel helpless from Utah, but he is in my prayers.

The fun began with a beautiful, sunshinny day. I just love the brightness and warmth after this past winter. I had a lovely talk with my parents while driving to Michelle's. I was going to give Michelle a surprise visit but she called and asked what we were doing today since she gave me the "day off" yesterday. I told Michelle this was a normal day off and since she took away my surprise of seeing her spontaneously I wasn't sure if I would come. She convinced me to come, however, because she needed milk and Joe is not allowed in public since is close to "0" in his important blood counts for fighting off infections. I think Michelle uses the word "nutriphenic". So, I drove to Michelle's. The instant I walked in the door, Miss Sophie said in her adult tone, "Hi Mamaw!!!" And then laughed with delight. She, Joe, and I played and laughed and giggled and tickled and crawled, and played "Ashes, ashes," for some time. I watched Michelle as she watched us and her face was alight with joy for her children. Now, anyone reading, I tell you, this is payback time. To see joy in your daughter's eyes as she experiences joy for her children has got to be as close to getting a glimpse of heaven while on earth that anyone can get. They are indeed, "Precious Moments."

Michelle and I ran errands mostly so we could get her and the kids out of the house for a moment. We ran to Joey's work to take him his phone, to the bank and then I sat in the car with Joe and Gus while Michelle took Miss Sophie in Target to get some size 1 diapers. Back at Joey's work we parted for the day but I felt so happy and blessed to know that Michelle and Joey are doing so well in spite of life's challenges.

3 comments:

Di Regolo Family said...

I love you!!!

Kylee Clark said...

Michelle is s lucky to have you for a mom, Your so sweet and caring. And I could only imagine the grandma in you! what a lucky family you have :)

Dave and Ashley Blackhurst said...

What a sweet mom. I just commented on Michelle's blog letting her know how impressed by her I've been. I know you've had a hand in that!