CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

What's So funny?

I can't believe it has been so long since I blogged. I guess I fail to see too much that would interest anyone. I guess I don't think about my life too much from day to day-I just try to keep busy and get things done along with trying to learn something new each day.

At any rate, this week I have the privilege of sorting fruit for S & R Fruit. I think it's great fun. Yesterday was my first day and when I was through, I was talkative (Jeff, Rachael and Zak thought it was pretty funny). But what started my talkativeness was a text message I received from Devan in Texas. He asked me "If you could have anything for Christmas, with no exceptions, what would you want?" I didn't know how to text him back so I called. He was at work but Heather wanted to know what I would answer.

I told her I would have their family move back to Utah. I then asked if that was the answer they expected. She replied, "Devan will call you back tomorrow." I then told Heather that Devan would have to call me back earlier than 1:30 because "I have to go to work." It was at this point that Rachael (who was listening) about busted a gut laughing. I didn't realize that I had said anything funny. Heather questioned, "You have to go to work? You have a job somewhere else besides Ben-Crete?" Rachael quickly said through her laughter, "That hit me so funny. I've never heard you say you 'have to go to work!'"

I think all of us must be bonkers to have something so trivial make everyone laugh so hard. Jeff got home about this time and asked what was going on. I told him about my conversation with Heather and how I had told her to have Devan call me before I had to go to work and Jeff started laughing, too. I guess the only thing funnier would be if I had to dress up and announced that I was going to work and the work away from home was permanent and not just a four day job.

I don't know who needs to get a life more--me or the ones that had a good laugh over something so non-funny.

1 comment:

R Fitz said...

Mom...I am sorry if I offended you...it was just so cute the way you said it...just like it was an everyday thing for you to have a work schedule outside of your home and Ben-Crete. You had such a proud little way of saying it! I know that it has been a sacrifice on your part to not have a job outside of all the millions of things you do each day, especially the last couple of years, but I am grateful for your example and VERY GLAD that this job is only a few days because I missed you terribly!